NFL season is in full swing and millions are watching the games while pondering the future of their favorite quarterback. For Fantasy Football players, this is more than sport as the touches, carries and interceptions affect overall FF scores and ultimately impact that winning cash pot.
As the season enters the midway point, here are a few facts and figures from Ipsos recent research for the Fantasy Sports Trade Association. Throw these out during halftime and look really, really nerdy. Er, smart. (Also, be sure to catch up on Fantasy Sports hospitality trends here.)
- PARTY PEOPLE: 84% of players host or attend a draft party, which is part of the $1 billion hospitality spend for Fantasy Sports. See the chart below for more info on exactly how much people spend and the categories they are spending in.
- CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS ARE A THING: 73% of players contribute to a pot that provides the winner with a shirt, a belt, a trophy or an honest to goodness ring.
- BIG SPENDERS: Ancillary spending is $1 billion, including draft parties and trips to games.
- READING RAINBOW: 53% of fantasy players buy books related to their preferred sport.
- MORE PARTIES: 57% of fantasy players have participated in a non-draft party, league-wide event such as a viewing party at a member’s house or a local restaurants.
More in CONSUMER
Are smart speakers helping Americans warm to automation?
The New Delivery Economy is here to stay. Is your business ready?
Are we taking less vacation or different vacations? And what difference does it make?
Are you clean or are you Instagram clean?
Back-to-school shopping lists aren’t so bad, say most parents